Friday 24 February 2012


A short narrative essay written by me! (:


Title: Talking Animals, Spooky House and Weird Effective Water From a Fountain
I entered my room and dropped my bag pack and my dog said
“Hello…”
For a few moments I stared at my dog speechless, fit to faint. Then I was snapped out of my deep reverie when Snargles (Yes I named him Snargles! Deal with it! J) said
“Aren’t you going to reply? It’s rude to ignore someone!” he stared at me indignantly.
I smiled at Snargles just to reassure him that I was perfectly fine. And to my surprise his scruffy face broke into a toothy grin.
I rubbed my eyes, tried to go to sleep to reassure myself it was a dream but when I pinched myself, the pain was just as real as the dog standing right in front of me who now had the ability to speak. Well, he could speak before as well but then all I was able to catch was
“Rrrrrrr! Ruff… ruff! Ruff!”
Now he was speaking English as though he had been doing that his whole life!
The only hope I had left was that this was not my dog! But that beacon of hope was shattered right before my eyes when he started speaking about our little adventures that had taken place earlier in complete secrecy! All I could do now was get accustomed to the idea that dogs could talk. Even why I say it, it sounds weird! But what I did not know was that all dogs could not talk.
Last summer we went on vacation to a nearby town. We had driven there so I had taken Snargles with me as I did not have many friends and he was delightful company. The little spooky abandoned house which we had rented had a little fountain where shockingly fresh water was dripping.
A few days later in no tap or shower water was coming so we decided that we would have to use the water from the fountain. We all bathed there one by one including Snargles.
The effects were instantaneous! My father was promoted, mother won the lottery and I became one of the popular kids at school!
Something had to happen to Snargles soon too but I had put that at the back of my mind where the information would not bother me! And of course! The results from the creepy water of the fountain took time to take effect on dogs and animals!
I learned to live with a talking dog because it proved to be lucky for me in ways I could never have imagined! A few months later I was in for a surprise or it could be better put as the skip of a few more heart beats!
I returned from school and smiled at my brand new goldfish and startlingly it smiled back and asked
“How was school today? I hear you’re very popular, eh?”
And that is when my mouth fell down my face a few hundred feet…

Please comment! (: Tell me what you think about it and feel free to criticize as much as you want!(:
Thanks for reading!
xxxx
Me! (:

4 comments:

  1. It's a very nice story.A few things could be tweaked here and there but even then your writing is very good.Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaawwwwwwwwwwwww!
    Thanks, I really do appreciate it! (:
    Do tell me where it can be made better though!
    I'm really starting to take older people's opinions now! Though you're not old! (:
    If my friends read it they are all like it's great but I really do need someone to take a look at it and say babe this is shite! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol there's no doubt that the early years of writing are probably not highlighted with outstanding literary achievements but what matters is the transition you will make by evolving into a better writer by learning and writing :)
    I suggest you Google every word/sentence about which you have doubts.Google will let you know if those sentences or words are used in the manner which you want to use.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can read is honestly blah blah! No offense! But why did you have to go into such intense english?! It's making my brain hurt! (:
    God, that really will take so much time!!!
    WOW! But good suggestion! (:

    ReplyDelete